RideTheWorld – a multi year round the world cycling adventure.
On Saturday 18th June 2016 I will begin cycling around the world, leaving from the London 2012 Olympic Velodrome, join me!
I plan to fully immerse myself in the cultures of the world and live unique experiences. My desire to take on an adventure of such magnitude is to gain a better understanding of the world and its inhabitants; exposing myself to nature at its rawest and people at their most delightful.
Having been in a job for over ten years and in the last few years realised my passions lie elsewhere, my ultimate dream is to have lived as many experiences as possible and have friends around the globe so that I have options with what to do with my future.
Within RideTheWorld I’ll be undertaking further focuses to maintain my own interests, some will be completed at certain stages, some will be ongoing throughout.
- Cycle the 2014 Tour de France route
- Participate in Citizen Science
- Cycle the great mountain ranges of the world – European Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies
- Around the World in 80 Ways – 80 different jobs, majority voluntary
- Report stories from communities without a voice
- Spread positivity to the places and people I meet along the journey
- Human of the week, alternating between someone at home and people I meet along the journey, I’ll share their story.
- Raise awareness and money for charities both in the UK and in each country I cycle through.
- Develop various photo projects
- Regularly share my experiences through social media